Thursday, August 21, 2014

Ready to Change A Life?


I am extremely excited right now. Excited because suddenly I don't feel helpless. Excited because I know that there is an option for me and others to change the lives of some of the kids I met in Haiti several months ago.

Just a couple months ago if you wanted to have a direct impact on one of the kids I met in Haiti you would have to get on a plane and fly to Haiti. That is no longer the case. The kids that I met, hugged, played and worked with are now part of Back 2 Back's child sponsorship program.






Crazy Talk

I don't want to get crazy with my thinking here... but support a kid and then plan a trip to meet them. Because you can ACTUALLY DO THAT! It may sound completely crazy but this isn't a random photos of kids on a blog, these are living breathing kids that are being taken care of in Haiti.

I just realized as I typed this that I never mentioned that my wife and I met with a child that we've been sponsoring in Haiti for several years now.


This is Crystal and I spending some time with Lovely who we've sponsored for several years now. She is part of the Lighthouse Orphanage, which is another home in Haiti.

Amazing stuff. To write a check, or make a credit card payment each month and then meet and spend time with the person that is affected by that sacrifice.

Enough rambling.  I welcome comments and questions on child sponsorship with Back2Back. You are welcome to contact them for the "official lowdown" but I'm happy to put myself out there as a real life resource and reference for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment